About Nelson Quinn Law Office PC
Experience is one of the most important qualities any lawyer can have. Generally speaking, if your lawyer has represented clients facing similar legal issues, he or she is more likely to be able to resolve your case on favorable terms.
I am Abilene attorney Nelson Quinn. I have practiced law for more than 40 years and have been a civil litigator for more than 40 years. Prior to entering private practice, I was a prosecutor in Taylor County as the County Attorney and as District Attorney in Taylor and Callahan Counties. In these roles I gained substantial trial experience.
Following this, I entered private practice, where I have represented clients in all types of civil and criminal litigation at both the trial and appellate levels. My current practice areas include criminal defense, oil and gas claims, probate litigation, real estate transactions, fraud, fraudulent contracts, Deceptive Trade Practices Act, divorce and cases involving defective or dangerous drugs such as Benicar. I have brought appeal cases to both the Texas Court of Appeals, Supreme Court of Texas and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. I have also practiced in the following federal courts:
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Texas
I have represented clients in the State District Courts of New Mexico, United States District Court, State of New Mexico, United States District Court of Arizona, and before Taos Pueblo Tribal Court.
Areas of Practice
- Wrongfully Implanted Appliances Litigation
- Oil and Gas Litigation
- Probate Litigation
- Divorce Litigation
- Texas, 1958
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1975
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1975
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 1984
- Baylor University School of Law, Waco, Texas
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1958
- Baylor University, Waco, Texas
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1956
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Three Time Member of the College of the State Bar of Texas
- Abilene Bar Association, Member, 1958 - Present
- Phi Alpha Delta
To set up your free initial consultation, please email me or call 325-673-1118.